Car started to overheat

I drove into work this morning and everything seemed fine. Car was running ok no worries. I parked the car and sat in it for a minute finishing up a song on the radio. When I turned the car off it made funny sound and I wasnt sure what it was so I turned the car back on and the temperature gauge shot all the way up??!!?? What would suddenly casue that?

-Matt

Reply to
mcipoletti

A stuck thermostat

Reply to
Coasty

Many possibilities...

..thermostat ..radiator cap ..fadiator fan ..coolant level ..blown head gasket

Reply to
Vrz Nws