Car started to overheat

I drove into work this morning and everything seemed fine. Car was running ok no worries. I parked the car and sat in it for a minute finishing up a
song on the radio. When I turned the car off it made funny sound and I wasnt sure what it was so I turned the car back on and the temperature gauge shot all the way up??!!?? What would suddenly casue that? -Matt
A stuck thermostat
--
Coasty

Remove the SPOOGE to reply
Many possibilities...
..thermostat ..radiator cap ..fadiator fan ..coolant level ..blown head gasket
tell more about the situation.... ..A/C was running? ..white smoke coming out of the tailpipe? ..sweetish smell of antifreeze? ..ever go high while driving?

running