Car will not start, is the gas line frozen??

98 Dodge Stratus: My car has not started since Sunday. I have been hearing a lot about the gas lien freezign if there isn't at least a half a tank or more
of gas in it. I definitely have less than a half a tank of gas. Is this the reason my car is not starting. My car has done this before, I mean wouldn't start when it was extremely cold outside. It happened a couple of years ago, but after it a couple od days and a little warmer weather it started up again. Do you have any idea what's wrong with my car?
Kwady wrote:

Gas won't freeze but water in the line might.

If it cranks over well but won't fire, frozen gasline is a DISTINCT possibility. Get a bottle of Isopropyl or ethanol based fuel line drier/antifreeze and dose the tank with it. Let sit for a couple hours and try for about 15 seconds. Then leave a few more hours and try again. Takes a bit of time to work it's way though an injection system.

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

The freezing point for gasoline is -50F or lower.

... and the freezing point for the water in the gas tank, present as a consequence of condensation in both the car gas tank and the fuel station storage tank, is +32F. It doesn't take much solidified H2O to completely obstruct a fuel line, given the diameter of such is approximately 3/32 to 1/8 inch.
--
Ray Sirois
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS

Offhand, I'd say the problem was operator error.
--
Ray Sirois
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS