Caravan: Both front calipers seized????

Hello all. OK just to keep it short, my brother has a 1994 Dodge Caravan with the 3.0 engine and automatic transmission. This may or may not be relevant to what I am about to ask but at the beginning of last week he had the rack and pinion changed. Now he says when he drives after about 20-30 minutes of city driving the brakes begin to drag badly so that the van is hard to drive. He said last night it was so bad when he got home he saw both front calipers "glowing red". I just had time now to pull of the front wheels and had him pump the brakes and hold the pedal down and opened the bleeders and both had a strong fluid pressure so I know the master cylinder is working fine in that regard. My question is..Is it possible BOTH front calipers are going bad at the exact same time and if that's unlike what else could I look at as the cause? Thanks in advance

Reply to
Programbo

As a follow up..Is it possible the master cylinder is allowing fluid to freely pressure the pads into the rotors but not allowing it to flow back the other way and that eventually causes the problem I described?

Reply to
Programbo

It might be brake hoses. If they are deteriorated they will not let fluid flow back. why two at the same time? I dont know. find a way to test the rubber hose close to the caliper.

Reply to
ulas c coskun

It might be brake hoses. If they are deteriorated they will not let fluid flow back. why two at the same time? I dont know. find a way to test the rubber hose close to the caliper.

Common problem with classic cars (Think VW Bugs) In my experiance if one wheel has the problem the rest are not far behind ...

Reply to
NotMe