Caravan rough idle

Hello all,
I have read most postings regarding rough idling, but I can't seem to pin down my problem.
I have a 1992 Caravan, V6, 3.0 engine. Recently
when cold (has not run long enough), it idles rough but eventually gets a little better that doesn't give a feeling that it is going to die any second, and doesn't get to a smooth idling like it used to.
I read about throttle body, but AutoZone man tells me that my car does not have throttle body, because it is EFI.
So, what else could be the cause? I just need a list of possible causes.
Thanks in advance
Mike

I would stop going to that auto zone to start with, then I would clean the throttle body that your vehicle does have before you do anything else!!
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
This is just a suggestion, but if you don't know what the throttle body is, maybe you should hire a pro. No throttlebody on EFI HEHEHEHEHE! Autozone, I love em! maxpower wrote:

clean the

else!!
Thanks Gentlemen for kind replies (applies to the next poster too).
I have good mechanical aptitude, therefore I am confident I can clean it myself, so please just tell me its approx location. Like is it right where intake air hose connects to EFI housing with a "T" clamp?
Do I need any seals or gaskets to replace once I take it apart? I promise I won't buy it from AutoZone!
Thanks again. Mike

The EFI housing that you are refering to is a intake plenum. Yes the thing that the air hose attached is your throttle body. Remove that and get your self some brake parts cleaner and give it hell. I use a good toothbrush to scrub it out also, but make sure not to use something that is old and will lose bristles. Remove the AIS motor and clean the piston seat also. Gunk gets in there and wont let that seat properly. You will need a gasket. Yours will likely break and if it doesn't replace it any way. Go to your dealer and get the gasket. They should have the right one and its only a couple of bucks. Autozone is only good for oil and chemicals. The brake parts cleaner they have is wonderful.
Thanks. Do I need to bleed fuel pressure? Or I shouldn't mess with the fuel side of it?
Mike

It has nothing to do with fuel. It is the incoming air going into the engine.....I would suggest using a throttle body cleaner over brake cleaner.
Thanks, will do!
Mike