caravan starts but dies instantly

hey i drove my 88 dodge caravan (not original motor but also from a similar model), to work and then tried to go home for lunch and it would start but would not stay running. i found that if i pumped the
accellerator at the right frequency i could sorta lurch down the road, which is how i got home. i suspected it was running itself out of gas so i replaced the fuel filter but it still does the same thing. any ideas?
Probably fuel pump. Get a gauge and check it at the fuel rail. Should be 42-45 PSI.

On Fri, 2 May 2008 13:08:07 -0700 (PDT), yeastinflexion

the dealer crazy. Seems the carb float was starting to deteriorate and a small particle was lodging in the outlet jet. Took them 3 trys to find it. Last time I dropped the car off they had it all day, and it would not repeat the problem. I picked the car up and it stalled 1/2 way out the service drive into the street. They got several folks to push it back in, kept it another day which was when they finally found the problem.
actually the problem was the MAP sensor, thanks to someone who responded privately to my posting.