Centering an engine

I know from my experience with my old 2.2 turbo Dodges that centering the engine is important to prevent premature failure of the drive shafts and vibration. That was with
equal length half-shafts. My question is this: Does a vehicle not using equal length half-shafts need to have its engine centered for the same reasons. I ask this because my jobber is trying to run down a vibration after replacing a drive shaft and some motor mounts on my 92 Caravan with a 3.3L.
Thanks
--
Lynn in StLou
REMOVETHIS anti-spam measure to reply