Check Engine Light

I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid with 124,000 miles on it. My check engine light came about two weeks ago and I took it to Auto Zone to check it out. The guy there told me it was either the crankshaft or camshaft, I'm not sure which one it was. Well today, I went there to check it again so I could get the part for someone to fix it. Today another guy told me the codes, but they were totally different. Today 3 codes came up (bare with me since I am dumb when it comes to cars). One code said Tran Pressure System (something)Range, another said Gear 1 Ratio Incorrect, and the third said Manufactor Control Transmission error. Does this mean that my transmission is going to die on me and I am going to have to spend thousands of money to fix? I don't know if anyone can help me, I know the guy at Auto Zone wasn't too helpful at all.

The problem is that when I start to slow down, the car will do a slight jerk and then when I try to regain speed again, it doesn't seem to want to go into overdrive. If I stop the car and restart it, it will work fine for awhile until I start to slow down again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reply to
zasimom

Sounds like your tranny has gone into "limp mode". Essentially, if the transmission computer detects a malfunction, the tranny goes into 2nd gear and stays there. You'll need to go into a good transmission shop and have them hook up their test equipment. It could be anything from a sensor gone bad, to the tranny requiring a rebuild (sorry).

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Yelen

Reply to