Checking out the Evaporator.

I have a 97 Grand Caravan Sport 3.3 that I bought with a siezed compressor and a badly burned up clutch. Now I'm trying to figure out how or why it
siezed. Is there a way to look at the evaporator, to see if it's kind of oily, without ripping the dash apart ? Right behind the glove box there is something attached to the HVAC compartment with a small wire connector that is really close to the evaporator. Maybe I can see from there ?

You can pull the entire housing out and it wont tell you why the compressor seized. if the clutch/compressor is burnt up replace the compressor. and install a new receiver dryer and take it from there. Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech