Chrysler power window problem

2001 Chrysler town & county van, the driver's windows sometimes will not go up if I roll it all the way down. This is a mechanical problem where it will
start working after a while or if I shake the window. The dealer says that it needs a new regulator, plus labor $450. Does anybody know how to fix this? Can it be adjusted? I have not dissasembled the door yet but I am willing to try, or replace the regulator myself, the quoted price seems outrageous. Thank you, Ed

Suffice it to say that all the parts involved should be readily available at your local salvage yard. Even if you feel you don't want to repair your van with junkyard parts, they certainly can be used for troubleshooting...
Raymond Sirois KU2S SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS 607-733-5745 telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6000

go
will
the
Yes the regulator is at fault, it comes complete and the part has been updated becuase of that problem......450.00 sounds really steep
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

"Ed"wrote in message: "2001 Chrysler town & county van, the driver's windows sometimes will not go up if I roll it all the way down. This is a mechanical problem where it will start working after a while or if I shake the window. The dealer says that it needs a new regulator, plus labor $450. Does anybody know how to fix this? Can it be adjusted? I have not dissasembled the door yet but I am willing to try, or replace the regulator myself, the quoted price seems outrageous. Thank you, Ed "
Try www.moparpartz.com. I looked up the part and it shows two different ones for the drivers door not sure which one but the part is less then 150 dollars. 300 dollars labor seems high. Not sure what the book states the standard labor charge should be or the going labor rate for your area. The going labor rate in my area is 75 to 80 dollars and hour.
Sarge
Thank you all for your inputs, I will try to replace it. Ed