constantly blown "horn fuse in the PD" HELP PLEASE

My know-it-all stepson installed a new battery in my wifes 1997 dodge caravan and he crossed the - and + cables momentarily, after installing them the right way i turned the van on and every thing workes find eccept now everytime i attempt to blow the horn it blows the fuse. can anybody give me some pointers as to how to fix or what to look for?

Reply to
Jose

Pull the horn relay put in the fuse if the fuse does not blow than put in the relay if the fuse blows it is the relay. If the fuse blows without the relay then there is a short in the wiring from the fuse to the relay. Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

First of all maybe your step son had nothing to do with the problem, maybe you just have a shorted horn. Disconnect the horns with a good fuse installed and hit the button, if the fuse doesn't blow you found the problem. I believe the horns are under the drivers side fender at the front corner.

good luck Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

thankyou for your input concerning my horn/fuse..( the horn was working pretty damm find before stepson went and played know-it-all).. will try nad see if your idea does the job...

Reply to
Jose