Crank Sensor Location? Plymouth Voyager

Hello. Where is the crank position sensor located on a 1997 Plymouth Voyager Van with 3.0 litre engine? Is it easy to replace? Thank you.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Thank you Glenn. Is it an easy removal/installation? Any special advice?

That year 3.0 does use a crank sensor. It is where I told you it was and all you need is a 10mm socket to remove and replace it. There should be a piece of green paper on it. Leave that paper on it. When you install it make sure you press it firmly into place holding pressure on the sensor as you tighten the bolt. The paper is the shim that gives the proper air gap.
Good luck
Glenn
Thanks Glenn. I installed the sensor and the van starts right up and does not stall anymore. You are a great asset to this group. Steve

Hmm, dont know why my post didnt go thru yesterday. But that year does have a crank sensor and it is located where I said it was.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
the 3.0 litre doesnot have a crank sensor.It uses a distributor.

After paying the dealer $100 for diagnosis of my stalling problem, they said the crank sensor is bad and told me $325 to replace it. I bought one for this car last night for $60 and am going to replace it. I HOPE there is one there.