crankshaft sensor on 1997 chysler LHS

Where is the crank position sensor located on a 1997 Chysler LHS with a 3.5 liter engine. My car has been jerking, spitting , and having duck since Sunday afternoon. I recieve a code 11 when I did the self test
using the ign. switch. I change the cam sensor on today and it seemed to run somewhat better, but by the time I left my house and drove about 2 miles to work it stalled in the parking lot. I tried to restart it, but it will not start. I think it's the crankshaft sensor, but I am not for sure. Can anyone help. If I can located it, I will change it and see if this is really the problem.
Madd

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
maxpower wrote:

Thanks a million
maxpower wrote:

Thanks a million

maxpower wrote:

Make sure when you put the sensor in the hole you press firmly on it while tightening the bolt. There should be a piece of paper stuck to the sensor. That is to get the correct air gap.....don't pull it off
maxpower wrote:

no paper stuck to the sensor, should there have been. Would this cause the car not to start. I am at my wits end. I have to be in Pittsburgh on Friday morning. It's a twelve hour drive from where I live. Thinking about a rental, but didn't want to take that route.
Im at worked and just checked on that, I stand corrected, there is no shim on that sensor for that year. Your probably gonna have to have someone monitor the engine controller with a scan tool to see what is going on. A fuel pressure test would be a good idea now also.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech