cruise control for 2004 neon

I'm looking to install cruise on my car. I am looking for what parts I will need (technical terms) and if it is something I can do on my own. When I
purchased the car new I was told by the dealer that it could be installed if I wanted it. Now that I want it I am told it's unavailable. I have found 2 or 3 different pieces on the internet but am unsure of what I need. Any advice would be appreciated.
km
--
krmack