Dashboard only partially functional

Computer on 2002 Dodge B2500 Van was replaced under warranty. Lost most of dash functions. Dealer replaced computer 3 more times with same results. I have lost confidence in him.Here is what dash does: Fuel gauge: works 99% of the time. Voltage and coolant temp: work intermittently. Odometer: reads periodically, but stuck at one number Speedometer: reads zero most of the time, but periodically reads anywhere from 20-120 mph. Idiot lights: on all the time.

Reply to
zelskid

Take it to someone who can diagnose it. If they are replacing the PCM for this they are totally lost. This is not an engine controller problem. More then likely a cluster problem.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Sounds like a cluster alright, but somehow I'm thinking OTHER than instrument cluster, as in cluster f**k... Thing is, something like this is not a task for any general purpose, run of the mill, wrench-turner working out of Joe's Garage. It's gonna take factory trained personell, and that kind of training is almost surely to be found only at a dealership. I'd recommend the OP take his vehicle to a DIFFERENT Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth (damn! Old habits die hard!) dealership and have them go over it with a fine-toothed comb. Keep any and all documentation related to this odyssey and if presented with the bill, pay it politely and promptly.

Providing he gets billed, THEN he should make photocopies of all documentation, all work orders, all job invoices, all bills and receipts and contact customer service for the Chrysler corporation citing dealership fault in creating the problem, in not being able to effectively diagnose and resolve the problem, and asking for reimbursement for bills paid (and NOTHING extra for "punitive" damages

- as that will surely result in refusal to refund and an invitation to sue them at your expense). If you don't meet with satisfaction, repeat the request, but this time cc: the attorney general of your state, and include a cc: {Name}, Attorny General, {your state} on the correspondence.

Reply to
Raymond Sirois

Thanks for advice. The first computer was replaced because the vehicle wouldn?t start. BTW: most of the time the odometer reads "NO BUS" This is also what it read when the computer wouldn?t start the vehicle. The fact that the temp and all gauges periodically work,makes me think that the cluster is ok. The dealer says it is ok. The odometer and speedometer periodically read nonsensical values. Could it be a bad jack? The dealer has charged me nothing so far, since the computer falls under the 100k emmissions warranty. I?m sure who would like to find a nonwarranty defect like the cluster. Also: the Cruise control stopped working.

"Raymond Sirois" wrote: > On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 19:38:51 -0400, "maxpower" > , > in an obviously impaired state, wrote: > > >

Reply to
zelskid