Dead 96 Avenger... HELP!

I own a 1996 Dodge Avenger 2.5 V6 @ around 140k miles. Awhile back it started to have a rough idle, then at around 40 mph the car also seemed a bit shaky. One day at a red light the rough idle got worse and the
car completely died. When I tried starting again it would run VERY VERY shaky and inch forward at about 1 MPH. After towing it home the car will not start. I checked for spark and there is no spark (checked multiple wires). The wire coming into the distributer gives off power. I changed the distributer and the result is the same- no spark. Does anyone have a clue what could be wrong or where to look next??? Thanks, any help is greatly appriciated!
have you checked the timing belt?

well it helps if I read it all.......sorry!
not sure on your spark issue,

I have checked my timing belt and it is intact and moves the parts correctly. I had thought this might be a problem initially too; unfortunately it is not, perhaps a computer problem? I wouldn't know how to solve that..
Update, I had installed something wrong when changing the distributer. Upon fixing the wiring it started up and is running now. So the problem was the distributer; the entire unit only costed $150 so it wasn't too bad. Hope this post helps with anyone having similar problems