Directly Wire Cooling Fan

The radiator fan on my 1992 Caravan (3.0 V6) doesnít work and right now we have it wired directly to the battery with an alligator clip and I have to connect it and disconnect each time I drive it.
A mechanic told me the relay is fine and that itís a wiring problem somewhere. He told me I can "jimmy-rig" it so it acts like itís supposed to, since I have to take it through NJ inspection and since itís a major pain. Can someone tell me how to do this? I didnít really understand it nor remember what he said.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
‚úĖ
"newjerseyrob" wrote: > The radiator fan on my 1992 Caravan (3.0 V6) doesn't work and > right now we have it wired directly to the battery with an > alligator clip and I have to connect it and disconnect each > time I drive it. > > A mechanic told me the relay is fine and that it's a wiring > problem somewhere. He told me I can "jimmy-rig" it so it acts > like it's supposed to, since I have to take it through NJ > inspection and since it's a major pain. Can someone tell me > how to do this? I didn't really understand it nor remember > what he said. > > Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Outside of fixing it the right way you can do this.Find a open spot in the fuse box that has 12 volts to it with the engine running, run a fused wire (be sure to put a inline fuse in at this point and use a heavy gauge wire) through the firewall making sure it doesnít rub on any metal then connect it to your fan and the other wire of the fan to a ground such as the motor or battery.This way you donít have to keep unhooking the fan everytime.It will come on with the key
Make sure you have the fan wired correctly.The fan should pull air through the front of the radiator/blow air towards motor.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ