Dodge Caravan fan on continously

We have a 2003 Dodge Caravan in which the fan now blows continously. It started a few weeks back and you cannot turn it off. Any ideas?

cdx

Reply to
cdx

It's still under warranty. Take it into the dealer.

Reply to
Dan C

actually... my '88 new yorker is doing the same thing.. and it started about a week ago. i think it's the sending unit-- thinger. cause the temp guage reads stone-cold all the time, yet the fan is constantly on. it's not overheating, so i'm not super worried though. no leaks, new-ish hoses and a new thermostat.

UNLESS by 'fan blowing' you mean the heater blower... but the description isn't completely specific. in THAT case, i have no idea. do the warranty thing, if you can. :s

Reply to
ArchTaib

Thats a typical suggestion from a gas station that cant fix a car!!! Take it to the dealer. Thats too funny Dan. First of all with out knowing what the mileage is on the car depends on if it is under warranty or not. And if the in service date is outside of 3 years it isnt under warranty either.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I assume you mean the radiator fan? If so is the check engine lite on? And if you are within 3 years or 36k miles have the dealer look at it

More then likely the radiator fan module is at fault.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I would have a dealer read any fault codes in the BCM and the HVAC control modules for any fault codes, And would suspect a faulty A/C control head.... you say you cant turn it off??? There has to be a way to shut it off or it would still be running right now, how do you get it off???

Reply to
maxpower

Sorry, I nneded to clarify that.

It is always on while the car is running. It goes off when I turn the car off. When I say on, I mean it is on at full speed.

cd

maxpower wrote:

Reply to
cdx

Could be a mouse running on it like a hamster-cage treadmill. A really fast mouse. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Try some D-Con down the defroster vent. Actually, doesn't the blower fan still operate with a remote relay to handle the amp draw of high speed? Couldn't that relay be stuck?

Reply to
James Goforth