Dodge Caravan fan on continously

We have a 2003 Dodge Caravan in which the fan now blows continously. It started a few weeks back and you cannot turn it off. Any ideas?
cdx

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:42:41 -0400, cdx wrote:

It's still under warranty. Take it into the dealer.
Linux Registered User #327951

Thats a typical suggestion from a gas station that cant fix a car!!! Take it to the dealer. Thats too funny Dan. First of all with out knowing what the mileage is on the car depends on if it is under warranty or not. And if the in service date is outside of 3 years it isnt under warranty either.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

actually... my '88 new yorker is doing the same thing.. and it started about a week ago. i think it's the sending unit-- thinger. cause the temp guage reads stone-cold all the time, yet the fan is constantly on. it's not overheating, so i'm not super worried though. no leaks, new-ish hoses and a new thermostat.
UNLESS by 'fan blowing' you mean the heater blower... but the description isn't completely specific. in THAT case, i have no idea. do the warranty thing, if you can. :s

I assume you mean the radiator fan? If so is the check engine lite on? And if you are within 3 years or 36k miles have the dealer look at it
More then likely the radiator fan module is at fault.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

I would have a dealer read any fault codes in the BCM and the HVAC control modules for any fault codes, And would suspect a faulty A/C control head.... you say you cant turn it off??? There has to be a way to shut it off or it would still be running right now, how do you get it off???
Sorry, I nneded to clarify that.
It is always on while the car is running. It goes off when I turn the car off. When I say on, I mean it is on at full speed.
cd
maxpower wrote:

Could be a mouse running on it like a hamster-cage treadmill. A really fast mouse. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Try some D-Con down the defroster vent. Actually, doesn't the blower fan still operate with a remote relay to handle the amp draw of high speed? Couldn't that relay be stuck?