Dodge Caravan Horn

I have a 03 Dodge Caravan SXT. The horn sounds tinny, not the duel sounding horn . I've had it replaced 2 times already. Any ideas?

--
Jim Ruth

tight
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
maxpower wrote:

Have someone hold the horn button down while you move the tuning screw on the non-functioning horn in both directions for up to a full turn in either direction until it works. Road grime and water, plus age make the diaphragm brittle and a little movement under power of the tuning screw can break this loose. Hope this works/helps! Ummm?? Tuning scew is on the top side of the mounted horn.

Surprised that you would even approach a Dodge Don. Wasn't their old symbol a Star of David? Rant away! Don Ocean wrote:

al nakba wrote:

A horn is a horn is a horn Mr Hubbard! The Mercedes I drive has virtually the same horn...And Chrysler motors is owned by Diamler/Benz.. ;-p
By the way you are off topic here as you are in all the other NG's that you post to.
And you Don, are as always, off the rails.. Don Ocean wrote:

<SNIP>
A star of David has 6 points. The Chrysler Pentastar has 5.
It was in the early part of the 20th century. Logos sometimers change over time. Bret wrote:

On 27 Oct 2006 20:54:43 -0700, "al nakba"

As for the hord - is it a single, or dual horn setup. Many "low end" vehicles get single (treble) horn, and dual horns are part of an upgrade option package. If it just goes "meep meep" it's likely a single horn.

<SNIP>