Dodge Dealer Boycott

In effort to fight what we believe to be unfair sales and labor practices as well as stand up for Hispanic women's right to work in a company dominated by white males - Group 1 Automotive, Inc., we're
organizing a boycott of the Group 1 Automotive, Inc. Dealerships.
As we gear up for the launch, we are trying to collect as many horror stories as possible from consumers and employees (most have been ex-employees). If you have had a bad experience, like many others we've found, at any of the Group 1 Automotive dealerships listed below. Please submit your story to our website @ http://www.group1sucks.com/complaintsubmission.html .
Advantage BMW Clear Lake BMW of Stratham Bob Howard Acura Bob Howard Chevrolet Bob Howard Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep Bob Howard Downtown Dodge Bob Howard Downtown Ford Bob Howard's Crown Auto World Bohn Brothers Toyota Casa Chevrolet Casa Mitsubishi on the Westside Dallas Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep David Michael Honda of Freehold Don Bohn Buick, Pontiac, GMC Don Bohn Dodge Don Bohn Ford Don Bohn Lincoln Mercury Folsom Lake Kia Folsom Lake Toyota Fort Bend Toyota Gene Messer Cadillac, Mitsubishi Gene Messer Chrysler Jeep Gene Messer Ford Gene Messer Mazda of Amarillo Gene Messer Toyota Gulf Breeze Ford Hassel BMW Hassel Volvo Glen Cove Hassel Volvo Huntington Ira Dodge - Medford Ira Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep Ira Lexus Ira Mazda Ira Nissan of Tewksbury Ira Toyota II Ira Toyota III Ira Toyota of Manchester Jim Tidwell Lexus of Clear Lake Lotus of Clear Lake Luby Chevrolet Maxwell Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep Maxwell Chrysler South Maxwell Dodge Maxwell Pontiac / GMC Maxwell Town North - Nissan Mercedes-Benz of Beverly Hills Mike Smith Auto Plex Mike Smith Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep Miller Honda Miller Infiniti Miller Nissan Rancho Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge Rockwall Dodge Rockwall Ford - Mercury South Pointe Chevrolet Sterling McCall Acura Sterling McCall Honda Sterling McCall Lexus Sterling McCall Nissan World Ford Pembroke Pines World Ford Pensacola World Ford Sandy Springs World Ford Stone Mountain World Lincoln/Mercury - Alpharetta World Lincoln-Mercury Snellville World Toyota
If you believe that there is no place in today's business world for the unprofessional behavior described above, please visit our http://www.group1sucks.com/boycott.html page to see how you can help.
Thank you in Advance!
www.group1sucks.com
Oh, your boycotting because they do not hire illegal aliens! Well because of that I am going to buy my next car from them. I think we should all boycott companies that DO hire illegals!
-
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Notices of unfair sales/labor practices are best forwarded to the appropriate governmental agency (or agencies) for their action. If the practices are found to be unlawful, and egregious enough, THEY'LL take care of the perpetrator(s). Otherwise, attempting to drum up support for your cause is likely only quixotic.
For what it's worth, I support the notion that *anyone* (not just a particular ethnic group) should have the opportunity to *seek* employment at any establishment. And, the employer should not be forced to accept a less-qualified applicant, regardless of the applicant's ethnic heritage.
I agree with your statement 100% but as I am sure that you are aware, that is not the situation in this case. I think that at times, employers use similar tactics:
http://www.laborlawyers.com/FSL5CS/practiceareadescriptions/practiceareadescriptions359.asp
http://www.group1sucks.com
we do NOT live in france and the employer has every right to hire anyone they feel fit regardless. this is also not the group for this sort of discussion unless you have an issue with a car/truck (Dodge, as the group feed implies) you are seeking help on.

http://www.laborlawyers.com/FSL5CS/practiceareadescriptions/practiceareadescriptions359.asp
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Your site says it is currently "under review" by a legal representative. You mean you didn't vet out the legal ramifications of possibly libeling another party BEFORE you put this site up?
Lovely.
--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
plexus snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

http://www.laborlawyers.com/FSL5CS/practiceareadescriptions/practiceareadescriptions359.asp
To be sure, there are employers who are far from respectable. As well, there are unions that are about as useful as breasts on a boar hog -- some have proven to be corrupt. In regard to this matter, the *only* thing I am aware of regarding this is that you appear to be zealous in collecting horror stories against *one* employer, involving *one* ethnic group.
Since you agree with my statement 100%, you are then aware that what you are attempting to do has no hope of succeeding. Therefore, you're likely either being forced to do it, have some personal axe to grind, or have some financial interest in this "cause". History says the latter is most likely. I'd also bet that most lurkers to this thread would feel the same. D'ya get the feeling you've been plonked?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Who exactly is "we?"
--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
On Mon, 15 May 2006 10:37:27 -0700, gpisucks wrote:

Fuck you, dickweed.
Linux Registered User #327951
It may come as some surprise to you, but maybe, just MAYBE, a Hispanic woman may not be qualified for a particular job. Maybe, just MAYBE, a black man, or yellow, brown, purple or white man may be better qualified for a particular job.
This country is going to hell because people like you seem to think that your ethnicity should be the reason you get a particular job... Why don't you start your own company and dominate it with Hispanic women? This is America, after all.
Then you can hire any damned person you want, qualified or not.
--
HeadlessHorseman

It seems that some Hispanic female somewhere didn't get the job she applied for and nowadays, it always has to turn into a race issue. If you're any color but white, you pull out the race card and scream discrimination. And then sometimes, it's just a way to try to extort money from a successful company via lawsuit. This crap is getting very very old. These days when people get pissed about something, they turn it into WW III and immediately go start a website. Any flunky with $8.95 can start a website. Whoopee!