dodge grand caravan steeering problem

Hello,

I have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L.

Yesterday, it start to steer left very hard, however it can steer to right fine. I totally lose power only to one side. Is it possible that this is a winter thing or my rack and pinion is dead? it was 2F in the morning here.

What are your solutions and thoughts?

Thank you for your input and time.

Reply to
u c c

Could be a fluid/cold issue. If it works when warmed up change the fluid. If not, change the rack

Reply to
clare

Fluid level will not cause the problem. Fluid condition MAY. Either a seal or valve affected by cold (and possibly moisture in the fluid) can cause the problem. Fresh fluid with conditioner very often solves the problem, at least for a while.(perhaps another 5 years or

60,000 KM if you are lucky)
Reply to
clare

Yesterday, we got as high as freezing temps. I checked the steering late af ternoon. It did not get any better. Later I pump steering fluid out and rep lace it with fresh ones in the tank. I try to do this a couple of times. It did not help. I leave the car in a mechanic. Lets see if they think it is contaminated fluid or rack and pinion.

Thanks for the inputs.

Reply to
u c c