Dodge minivan 98 trunk/cargo door lock not getting released

Hi all, Somebody hit my dodge minivan in parking lot so that the trunk/carge door is caved in a litte bit at the lower end where the license plate is. This
caused the truck door lock to stuck somewhere inside so that the key is not able to open - the key only moves a little bit in the slot but can not release the lock. It seems that I need to reach the inside of the lock and figure it out where it is getting stuck. Can somebody please help me to provide some tips how can I reach the lock to release it wherever it might be sticking? Do I need to open the whole door - if yes then how. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. ak

Pop the door panel off from the inside and open the door from the link.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech