Dodge minivan 98 trunk/cargo door lock not getting released

Hi all, Somebody hit my dodge minivan in parking lot so that the trunk/carge door is caved in a litte bit at the lower end where the license plate is. This caused the truck door lock to stuck somewhere inside so that the key is not able to open - the key only moves a little bit in the slot but can not release the lock. It seems that I need to reach the inside of the lock and figure it out where it is getting stuck. Can somebody please help me to provide some tips how can I reach the lock to release it wherever it might be sticking? Do I need to open the whole door - if yes then how. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. ak

Reply to
automan4

Pop the door panel off from the inside and open the door from the link.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower