Dodge Neon 2000-Instrument Panel: NO BUS

The instrument panel stop working.It showed: "NO BUS". Dealer wanted $800 to fix it. I installed an new panel,the problem remains "NO BUS". The shop manual says: NO BUS is shown when instrument panel looses communication with PCI bus. My question: Where is the PCI bus and its connector to the instrument panel?

Reply to
louis5

The circuit board is bad. replace it. I bet if you were to hit the top of the dash with your hand it may start to work off and on.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Yep hit the dash this kept happening with my wife's shadow until I pulled the cluster. I found that the plastic molded female plug had expanded due to the sun beating on the dash. I used a small tool to reach into the plug and pulled down the contacts been fine ever since.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty