Dodge radio

I am replacing my stock radio/Cd player in my 05 Dakota with teh factory 6 CD version. After installing a unit, everything works except the volume control. It is at 0, and does not move. Someone
thought it may be a anti theft lock. Anyone know anything about this, is is it just a bad unit? Thanks in advance.

you need to go to the dealer to have it unlocked