Dodge Shadow Stalls after warmed up? What could it Be?

My car stalled one day while driving it so i brought to a mechanic and he changed all the probable electrical components that could cause a stall. Just when we thought that it was fixed I took it back on the road, drove it
and after 1/2 hour on the road it stalled again. Once the car has cooled off for about 1-2 hours it will start again and I can drive it for any amount of time and then it will stall. What could the problem be??/ I need some help!! Does anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate any.

Since you don't state what year and what engine don't expect to get to many answers on here. It may also help to say what parts were replaced
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
maxpower wrote:

It's a '93 Dodge Shadow. As for the parts I'll find out what was changed. thanks

Ok you answered half the question....boy this is tough!!!
maxpower wrote:

And here is the answer to the other half of the question: It's a 2.2 l engine with automatic transmission. I changed the...coil, the distributor cap,air filter, spark plugs and wires and the gas filter. Does this help any??

Ahhh yes much better!!! The most common cause for this problem is the distributor pick up plate or the rotor button has a burn hole in it and the secondary spark from the coil gets grounded out. The next time you have time go out and start the engine, take a small hammer or large wrench and hit the bottom on the distributor housing (the metal part) and see if it cuts off or stumbles, if it does replace the distributor and be on you way.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
maxpower wrote:

Well, Mr. Glenn Beasley I thank you very much for your advice. It sounds like this could be the problem. Unfortunately where I live the weather will not permit me to go out tonight and try it out because it is way too cold but tomorrow after work this will be the first thing I'm going to check and I'll let you know my results.

You check to see if the pickup plate in the distributer is cracked or worn. It will warm up then stall dead. It cools and the crack will widen and kill the engine. I had the smae problem with a '90 shadow with a 2.2 ltr. 5spd. Hope this helps. Take care.
Basaltrock wrote:

I thankyou very much for your advice. It sounds like this could be the problem. I will definitely check this out. Let you know what happens.
I had the same problem with my 96 Caravan and the problem turned out to be the Camshaft Position Sensor. After I replaced the SENSOR the van never stalled out again. The location of this sensor is just below the thermastat housing on the 3.3 engine, it may be located else where on other type engines, I am sure this will solve your problem. Leave a post if my posting helped you.
pchotspot wrote:

thanks for your reply. I still haven't fixed my problem yet so i'll be trying out your advice.