Durango cruise control problem

My cruise control has an intermittent problem.

I noticed that the SET button wouldn't work. Then when I touched either of the three RESUME CANCEL or COAST buttons, the cruise light would go out. At one point the ON/OFF button wouldn't do anything, then everything worked fine.

Then cruise control turned itself off. After more playing with buttons it came back working fine. Then it started dropping out again if any of the three buttons were pressed.

Now it's working fine...until next time!

Anyone else had this experience? What is likely ot be going AWOL?

TIA Big Al

Reply to
Big Al

That could be a number of things from a vacuum leak to a bad switch to a faulty clock spring and so on. Have the system scanned for any fault codes in the moduels

Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
damnnickname

"" wrote: > My cruise control has an intermittent problem. > > I noticed that the SET button wouldn't work. Then when I > touched > either of the three RESUME CANCEL or COAST buttons, the cruise > light > would go out. At one point the ON/OFF button wouldn't do > anything, > then everything worked fine. > > Then cruise control turned itself off. After more playing > with > buttons it came back working fine. Then it started dropping > out > again if any of the three buttons were pressed. > > Now it's working fine...until next time! > > Anyone else had this experience? What is likely ot be going > AWOL? > > TIA Big Al

:x i have a 2004 dodge durango that has almost the same problem. Lets see my cruise control doesn?t work at all , the horn doesn?t work at all and the airbag lite on the console stays on all the time. It?s due for a inspection only problem is that it can?t and hasn?t passed because of the horn. They checked the fuses they all are good. So i have a 32,000.00 dollar peice of junk sitting in my driveway unable to be driven. I should also say these haven?t been the only problems with it. Oh and yea it only has 7154 miles on it. Would I ever buy a chrysler product again ummm prob not .

Reply to
STORMY

Stormy, you need to get off your complaining butt and get to the dealer and have the clockspring replaced under warranty. THAT will fix these problems, while continuing to bellyache and whine, won't do a thing.

Reply to
Get off your duff, dummy

Take it back to the dealer for warranty repairs, you dumb son of a bitch.

Reply to
Dan C

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Well your Durango is still under warranty, why are you crying about it? And by all means, don't ever buy another Chrysler product again.....cause I don't want to get stuck with working on yours at the dealer. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
Geary Morton

The Chrysler dealer replaced all the cruise control switches at a cost of $267 to the dealership that sold the vehicle to me.

Hopefully that fixed it.

Big Al

Reply to
Big Al