Durango engine problem

I have a '99 5.2L Durango w/ 96k miles on it. Recently I have had a run of "bad luck" with it. In one week the alternator and starter needed replacing and only a few days after that the water pump died. About 4-5 days after I got the truck back I was at a drive-in, with my kids, and when we went to leave, at 2 a.m., the truck just turned over but would not start. The battery is only 1 month old and using a fully charged "jump pack" didn't help. What I did notice, though, is that when I tried to start it the odometer flashed the mileage and then showed a "no bus". I had it towed to a garage where I have all my work done and it started right up for them, so they couldn't tell me what was causing my problem. I am hoping that someone out here knows what it is because I do not feel safe having anyone drive it, especially since that on occaision the engine has begun to die while driving. Thanks.

Reply to
sithdad

Possibly corroded battery cables or terminals perhaps? Pull back the insulation and see if corrosion has creeped down the cable underneath.

Reply to
miles