Durango engine problem

I have a '99 5.2L Durango w/ 96k miles on it. Recently I have had a run of "bad luck" with it. In one week the alternator and starter needed
replacing and only a few days after that the water pump died. About 4-5 days after I got the truck back I was at a drive-in, with my kids, and when we went to leave, at 2 a.m., the truck just turned over but would not start. The battery is only 1 month old and using a fully charged "jump pack" didn't help. What I did notice, though, is that when I tried to start it the odometer flashed the mileage and then showed a "no bus". I had it towed to a garage where I have all my work done and it started right up for them, so they couldn't tell me what was causing my problem. I am hoping that someone out here knows what it is because I do not feel safe having anyone drive it, especially since that on occaision the engine has begun to die while driving. Thanks.
sithdad wrote:

Possibly corroded battery cables or terminals perhaps? Pull back the insulation and see if corrosion has creeped down the cable underneath.