Durango Motor Choices

I'm interested in buying a '99-2000 Durango. I've seen magazines that have them with 4.7, 5.2, and 5.9. I want the 5.9 but I heard the 4.7 has more performance. Why is that?? If I put the same dual exhaust on
both trucks, would they sound the same? Thanks...
Add pictures here
✖

Tbone;
I have a '96 JGC with the 5.2L V8 whick has always had great performance. My wife drive a '94 JGC with the same engine. When she replaced hers she went with a '99 Durango with the 5.9L V8 and full time 4WD. Althought I believe its the same block as the 5.2 but w/larger displacement, they did seem to put a larger exhaust on it. Result is that 1) sounds great; 2) noticably more torque; and 3) worse MPG. I average 15-17 with the Jeep, she consistently does 13 with the 5.9L.
We are considering either a new (2006) durango or JGC but will stick with the new 4.7L vs the Hemi for MPG reasons.
Just my $.02 worth. Good luck!
Add pictures here
✖
friend with Hemi Half ton getting 15 city and like 20 highway I think
4.7 is good engine too, but no where near the HP

Add pictures here
✖
"" wrote: > I'm interested in buying a '99-2000 Durango. I've seen > magazines that > have them with 4.7, 5.2, and 5.9. I want the 5.9 but I heard > the 4.7 > has more performance. Why is that?? If I put the same dual > exhaust on > both trucks, would they sound the same? Thanks...
we have the 5.2 and it has enough power to pull our 18’ camp trailer loaded w/ about 1,500-2,000 pounds of stuff (giving us about 4,000 pounds)over trappers loop here in utah (about a 5-6% grade the whole way up) and it gets about 17mpg average.
✖
ok ........trappers loop is where?

Add pictures here
✖

In Utah, which was also posted in the same sentence!
Add pictures here
✖
ok...since im in Colorado, indulge me.......what PART of Utah

Add pictures here
✖
"" wrote: > ok...since im in Colorado, indulge me.......what PART of Utah > > > > >
Northern Utah, just south of Pineview Resivor. if you have ever been in utah, and been up weber canyon the exit off the highway to go to trappers is just out of the canyon.
✖
"" wrote: > I'm interested in buying a '99-2000 Durango. I've seen > magazines that > have them with 4.7, 5.2, and 5.9. I want the 5.9 but I heard > the 4.7 > has more performance. Why is that?? If I put the same dual > exhaust on > both trucks, would they sound the same? Thanks...
hey, sorry, for some reason i thought the 4.7 was cylinder. we dont have the 5.2, that i thought we had. we have the 4.7
✖
I got he 4.7...great all around engine...if your doing towing more than 5000 lbs, get the 5.9

Add pictures here
✖