EGR and Transmission Troubles...

2005 Dodge Caravan has 93k miles, has Check Engine code of P0404 (EGR).
Would this cause the vehicle to run rough when trying to maintain a constant
speed? The vehicle seems to "lurch forward" or "buck" alot, but not when accelerating, only when maintaining a constant speed, and not while coasting.
Also, when I get into the vehicle, I shift into Reverse and I hear a clunk, shift into drive and I hear a clunk. But while driving the car, the gear shifts are very smooth. CV joint(s) or Transmission? And if Transmission, what in the Transmission would this be.
Just would like to have this info to tell the dealer when I take it in for service.
Thanx VERY much for any help/advice.
-Tom Rogers
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 17:40:34 -0400, "Tom Rogers"

is VERY rare. Usually the modulator goes south. However, On my daughter's Neon, it was a cracked hose - and that DID cause some roughness at idle, as well as turning on the CEL with an "insufficient EGR flow" code. It was the vacuum line from the modulator to the EGR diaphragm. It had been a problem for several months before I got to it, and by that time the orfice on thetio of the diaphragm unit (where the vac hose fit) was plugged with a bit of rust- so I just scratched it off. With a new hose, the problem was GONE.

On Apr 22, 6:05 pm, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

i had the same problem on my neon and the egr valve was stuck open and caused it to buck and run rought change the egr and the electrical