Electrical problem

I have a 94 dodge spirit, when I turn on the heater/ac blower motor the wires going to the ignition switch heat up to the point it starts to smoke,
if I turn it off than the temp goes back to normal. What would cause this?

Definitely a short circuit......somewhere along the line in the heater circuit a hot wire is being exposed to a ground connection. Could be caused by a loose/broken wire, shorted motor, short component etc. Try looking for burnt components, loose wires etc. Sounds like the short is bypassing the fuse compartment too...wicked! :-)
Yeah it doesnt blow the fuse, it just gets the switch and wires going to it hot, REALLY hot and it smokes a little, doesnt catch on fire but as soon as I kill the heater fan switch it cools right back off. The fuse in the fuse box is also the reccomended size of a 30amp. I didnt up the amps because it blew before or anything stupid like that.
new:Xns9812B1EF1608Blluciershawca@24.64.223.211...

smoke,
look under the steering column and see if the cover is starting to melt. If it isn't you may want to remove the cover and inspect the battery and ground wire at the switch for looseness or burnt.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Glenn, Your talking about the "box" that is directly below the ignition key itself? If so, no it isnt burnt yet, but when the blower fan is on I cannot touch that part at all, and the wires going to the switch arent burnt either yet, I think I've caught it soon enough that it hasnt damaged it to badly yet. Now one other person told me about a HVAC Blower Switch that could be bad any possibilities? Also is there some sort of recall for this?

Without looking at the car my guess is that the ignition switch is causing the problem, it feeds the blower and everything else that is on the accessories side. The blower motor draws the most current and I think that is why you are getting that affect thru the switch. I can remember replacing lots of those switches when they would come into the dealer and repaired many burt/loose connection there also. No ther is no recall out.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

But would the blower motor if it was going out cause the excessive draw of power from the switch?

causing
that
My opinion would be the blower motor switch/resistor would fail first
True, so I will start by checking out the ignition switch wires, then the blower switch.

Also, possibly could my blower motor be getting bad?