Evaporative Leak CODE p0455 2000 Stratus

Please help my car was inspected late AUG. and two weeks ago the check engine light came on. I thought it was a mileage service light to bring it in so I
turned it off or so I thought. It came back on three days ago so today while I was driving to get the diagnostic the light went off on its own. The garage said it was the code p0455. What do I do to fix it and where do I start ? Thanks in advance.

The first thing to check is the gas cap, make sure it is tight and not a cheap aftermarket cap that leaks. if all is good, then you need to have the evaporative emission system tested with what we call a smoke machine, it will locate any leaks in the system.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

P0445 indicates a leak in the evap. system. Normally there is fuel vapor with pressure in your gas tank that is released into your engine to burn. These vapors are routed through hoses and and solenoid valve, and a leak detection pump.
What you can do on your own depends how handy you are. You can visually inspect the rubber vacuum hoses and plastic black lines under the hood and under the car for cracks and wear, also look at the Gas tank, return fuel lines and filler tube for signs of leaking fuel. OR you can have done what Max said with the smoke test , but with this code usually a close visual inspection will turn in the fault --J