Factory Radio speaker wiring ?

I'm selling my 89 Caravan and am putting in the stock radio and removing my aftermarket stereo. The power plug/dimmer/ground is relatively intact, but the speaker wiring harness was butchered by the previous installer. I picked up a plug and harness from the wrecker that fits the stock radio/cassette deck. Problem is that I have 8 speaker wires and the harness has 6 wires. Of course there isn't a schematic on the radio anymore.

Although the plug I got fits, the wires on the plug do not exactly correspond to the wires from the speakers. Does anyone have a radio and harness sitting on a shop bench with schematic that can shed a little light for me? I'm thinking that the rear share a common ground and the fronts share a common ground. That would explain 6 wires. But i need to get those wires connected to the radio.

Can a guy select, say right front on the radio settings, power up and check the output of the wiring with a multi meter to see which wires to hook to right front speaker? Do that for each speaker. Check amps/volts ?

Thanks

Reply to
Gordo

Found it. FYI anyone else looking, schematics at:

Gordo