Factory Warranty - NOT From selling dealer?

Hi All:

I recently bought a 2007 Camry and the dealer wanted to sell me the extended warranty for $1400. I felt this was too high and he said I could get it any time before the normal 3 year/ 36000 mile warranty runs out. I'm only a year into the car so I haven't done anything yet but there are Toyota dealers who will sell it over the phone (with proof of ownership, etc.) for under $800.

My wife and I are looking into buying either an '07 or '08 Grand Caravan and were wondering if factory extended warrantees are sold by other Dodge dealers than the one who we might buy the car from. If so, what kind of price should I expect to pay (assuming I choose to get one)?

Thanks in advance for any information.

- David

Reply to
David In NH

Extended warranties are NOT Factory warranties.

Reply to
the fly

They CAN be. The extended warranty on my Camry is from Toyota, not a third-party. And when we bought our first Caravan, we purchased an extended warranty that was from Dodge. All claims went through Dodge and all of the paperwork (including the warranty itself) was from them. I'm aware that many extended warranties do not come from the manufacturer, but some do.

Reply to
David In NH

I know someone who did exactly what you're talking about. He found a Dodge dealership online that was selling the Dodge (not another company) extended warranty for much less than the local dealership. I forget the price difference, but it was significant.

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

Any Dodge dealer can sell you a factory extended warranty as long as your vehicle qualifies. What I did was get a quote from an online dealer and showed the price and the plan ID number to my local dealer who then matched it. I wanted to finance it in with the car. If you dont need to finance the warranty in with the car loan then you'll save lots of $'s by buying it elsewhere or talking or dealer down.

Currently most new Dodge vehicles already come with a lifetime powertrain warranty.

Reply to
miles