Failed NJ Inspection for Emissions

I just got my 1990 Dodge Dynasty inspected and failed for emissions. I failed for the NOx reading. On the sheet they gave me, the standard NOx reading is 1273 and my car read 1357. Therefore, I failed. The HC reading
was fine and the CO% reading was fine. I don't know what can be wrong with my car to affect the NOx reading. I don't have much money for repairs and it's the only car I have. Any information about what needs to be checked would be greatly appreciated.

Check the EGR system for proper operation.

Also quite common for the cat to be bad (reduction bed dead or slow to light)