falling gas gauge, just filled up, and check engine light on

Today I filled up my 95 dodge caravan and after stopping once more my gas gauge showed empty and the gas light was on with the check engine light. I turned the van off and took out the key then retried. gas gauge was
normal but engine light was on after driving a few minutes. later same thing happened to the gas gauge, which went off after restarting. What could be wrong? kms968
Sounds like to problems, The sending unit in the fuel tank may be bad but you need to see what fault code is stored. Take it to a parts store that reads codes for free and let me know what code(s) was found
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech