Fan Clutch

I have a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan. I think I need to replace the fan clutch. I think it's also called a viscous coupler.

Do you know how to locate this, and how to test it to see if it's functioning?

Reply to
breaksthenews

What is the problem that you are having? There is no fan clutch on this vehicle. Is it overheating?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Dodge Grand Caravan. I think I need to replace the fan

In stop-and-go traffic, or if you just run the A/C too long, the engine will begin to overheat and the air blowing into the will not be cold any more. Checked to see if it needed more refridgerant, and that was not the case. I'm thinking it might be the radiator fan or the water pumps, but I'm not sure. And I'm not sure how you would check those.

Reply to
breaksthenews
1998 Dodge Grand Caravan. I think I need to replace the fan

The first thing to check is the fans, KEY OFF try to spin them, if they don't turn they are locked up, if they are locked up you can bet the Maxi Fuse has blown as well. If the Fans spin, check Max fuse

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower