First time Strut change on 1994 Caravan.

I've got the struts, boot kits, and mounting plates, in case I need them, and a spring compressor from Harbor Freight. I've never done struts before. It seems
like it should be pretty straight forward.
Anyone have any tricks I should know?
Are the springs themselves likely to bad? It bottoms out pretty easily, but seems to sit level.
I bought the Monroe Sensa-Trac struts, rather than the Monroe-Matics. Good choice? I prefer a firmer ride with less chance of bottoming out.
I do know to mark the springs left/right, and mark position of the parts relative to each other.
Bob F wrote:

Job completed. Many of the sites I explored gave instructions to disconnect the sway bar and steering knuckle, neither of which was necessary. I'll take it for alignment tomorrow.