frost plug

my girlfriend has a 1994 Dodge Caravan. The frostplug is leaking. It looks like I have to pull the Tranny to get at it.

1:How big of a job is this? 2:Are the plugs a bitch to get out? 3:Do they screw in, or do you have to tap them in etc.

I work on my Truck quite a bit "1984 GMC 1 ton", I always manage to fix the problems without too much difficulty. I've replced my Tranny, brakes, front end parts etc. several times, but my truck is easy to work on. Not sure if this is over my head or not? ;-)....thanx 4 any help

r&r-ing a tranny on a front wheel drive caravan isn't that bad, but it's a whole lot different than on your truck. if it's a 4-cylinder, it's the easiest of fwd's to do. if it's a v-6, still, not too bad. but on a 3.0 v-6, there's a coolant tube that bolts up using the top to trans bolts. coolant will come out of there, so you must drain the radiator (which you'll be doing anyway for the plugs). it's pretty staigtht-foward stuff..

on chrysler products, fwd isn't bad compared to gm or ford, for do-it-yourselfers..there's no frame to drop out of the way..so all you need to support the engine is a jack-stand of some sort... just get a manual and you'll be fine...

the plugs are of the tap in veriety. i usually don't have too much trouble with them... usually.

Reply to
dsguy