Fuel filter?

I own a 93 Intrepid with the 3.3L car isn't getting any fuel I checked the valve on the fuel rail and all I got was air. fuel pump works for about 3 seconds after I turn the key to "acc" but still won't start. Whats the possibility it could be a cheap fix and be the filter?

Reply to
Stealth via CarKB.com

If all you get is air, your car is out of fuel. It is normal for the pump to only run for 3 sec. That's what the purpose of the ASD relay is. Put some gas in it and find out why the gauge isn't working

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks!! sure enough it was empty. is it common for the fuel gauge to malfunction in these vehicles?

Reply to
Stealth via CarKB.com

The vehicle is 14 years old!! Sending units don't last forever

Reply to
maxpower