Fuel Filter before pump

I just finished a rebuild of my 360cid for my Ramcharger and made several upgrades including a Holley Avenger carb and an Edelbrock 110gph fuel pump. Any reason I can't or shouldn't put the fuel filter
before the pump (tank side) so that I can clean up the plumbing from the pump to the carb. I would like to have a clean look with the braided line and AN fittings only from pump to carb.
I appreciate any thoughts

the tank to protect the entire system (but a bitch to replace when it needs to be). I put a good filter on the gas line of one of my vehicles right up close to the tank. Just make sure you use a good high performance (high flow rate) filter with replaceable elements or cartridges (and install it so you can reach it to replace the elements).
put a nice glass and chrome filter between the carb and the pump. I did that on my 55 Chevy and it didn't look too bad, IMHO. I didn't use braided line though. I did use braided plug wires. My fuel line was jet aircraft line (1600 psi) rubber.
http://55chevy210.homeip.net/55chevy/status/02-11-30/Pb300001.jpg
http://55chevy210.homeip.net/55chevy/status/02-11-30/Pb300002.jpg
http://55chevy210.homeip.net/55chevy/status/02-11-30/Pb300003.jpg
http://55chevy210.homeip.net/55chevy/status/02-11-13/PB120002.jpg