Fuel Pump relay? Where? '91 Dodge Caravan 3.3L

Subject says it all... Where is the fuel Pump relay on the 3.3L 1991 Dodge Caravan (Grand). If you can provide the pin-out for the relay/socket, that would be great too...

I'm not getting any action from the fuel pump where the vehicle is turned on, nor when cranking. No codes (didn't expect any)... Can't be too much involved in this one, relay, wiring or the pump itself...

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Reply to
FeMaster

If you can believe the factory manual (which is often wrong) the fuel pump relay (apparently also referred to as the Auto-Shutdown Relay) is on the inner left fender. The signal wires to the coil are a Dark Blue & a Dark Blue/Yellow tracer . The power wires are a Red/White tracer, and a Dark Green/Black tracer.

Reply to
Steve

I've found that a number of times too... People complain about the "other" manuals, but I have come across so many errors in "factory" manuals, it's not even funny...

Thanks for the info... Looks like it's time for another fuel pump. Damn it! Or I could tell the wife to just bang on the gas tank while having someone else crank it over. ;) That's how we managed to get it home, at least...

Reply to
FeMaster

If you banged on the pump to get it home and new it was a worn out pump why would you need to know where the relay was????

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

relay/socket,

I didn't know for sure the pump was bad, that is why I wanted to know where the relay was... A test to see if it was working correctly or not, and to be able to test for voltage to see if it was getting to the pump circuit. Only then, after voltage verification, did I attempt the 'bang on the tank' test as a last resort... Thankfully it worked, and also verified that the pump was in fact the problem.

Reply to
FeMaster