Fuel tank door cable

Howdy all.......:-)

My Haynes doesn't appear to provide information on how to fix a faulty fuel tank door cable on my '91 six cylinder Voyager van. Release mechanism is located at the bottom, left hand side, of the drivers seat. The wire appears to be running back towards the fuel tank under the carpet. I made a visual examination of the vechicle's underside and didn't notice any wire that appeared to be heading toward the fuel tank door's location.

Can anyone confirm that the release wire is indeed running under the carpet rather than on the vechicle's underside and a case of the wire just missing due to being broken etc?

Thanks for any information on the above topic.....much appreciated! :-)

Reply to
propman

propman wrote in news:Xns9810BD3DA9FAElluciershawca@24.64.223.211:

Reply to
propman

The cables are always ran inside.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

"damnnickname" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Ahhh.......Ok, thanks for the info, Glenn. :-)

BTW, would you know of a site that has a diagram or explanation of how the actual mechanism works? I need to know if there is any kind of tension adjustment available on the connector at the drivers end (I'm going to have to pull out the driver's seat to clearly see the connector otherwise).

Also I need to know exactly how the release mechanism works at the other end.....I pulled the inside paneling, located the wire/mechanism at the gas tank end and inspected the exterior door area but can't determine exactly how the door is released.

Any information on the above topic would be much appreciated.....and again, my thanks for your reply to my original message! :-)

Reply to
propman

If the cable is broken, or the handle is broken you will need to get the cable thru the dealer and once you get the cable all these questions that you ask me will be answered but looking at it. If I remember correctly the gas tank door has a metal tab that is supposed to act as a spring once you release the cable. If the door doesn't open, have someone pull the handle while you open the door, With the door open watch the lever at the fuel door to see if it goes in and out. if it does just adjust the spring on the door.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

"maxpower" wrote in news:5NKdnSoojfJcz1PZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Cheers Glenn......thanks for the additional information. :-)

Reply to
propman