Full size bed, will it fit in a Town & Country?

Hi Group, I hope someone here can help me with my little problem. I have been offered a full size mattress and box spring, but i'm not sure it will
fit in my 99 Town & Country. Anyone here have any success at this? A full size bed is 54" wide and 75" long. I measured the back opening of my van and it's really too close to call. If anyone could post their success, or lack of it, I'd sure appreciate it. With the cost of gas, I don't want to drive the 30 miles to pick it up if it's not going to fit.
Thanks in advance, Brigitte
On 2006-07-26, Brigitte wrote:

I've fit a full size box spring and mattress (at the same time) into a 2002 Grand Caravan, with the rear door closed. I assume the T&C is the same size, so it should be fine.
--
"Ubuntu" - an African word meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".

You can do it. take out the middle row of seats though. Box spring first, and then wiggle the mattress in. keep in mind that it will be put in on an angle though. It will not be totally flat.
Brigitte wrote:

Thanks for all the quick replies!
Brigitte
Reminds me of the time I bought a new full-size upright freezer from Sears, loaded it into a 1997 Grand Cherokee and closed the tailgate! That was a surprise...

<chuckle> I've got one to beat that! I once put a full sized washingmachine and full sized clothes dryer into a Chevy Citation, and although the hatch could not shut, it was out level with the roof. I drove 5 hours like that! <g>
Oh, the foolishness of our youth! :-)
--
Jim in NC