Gearbox playing up

Three years ago, the gearbox on my 1992 Plymouth Voyager started playing up. The gears are would not go any higher than seconds. This was the second time this has happened, the first time a different Chrysler dealer repaired the gearbox for quite a reasonable price. This time with the same problem happening, the Chrysler dealer said that the gearbox had to be replaced. They then told me that this type of automatic gearbox was no longer available and they had to replace it with a reconditioned box which cost me =A32500. This time, when driving, the car will not go any higher than second gear unless I really give it some gas. As soon as I take my foot off the gas, the car immediately changes down to second again and you can feel the vehicle pulling back.

Reply to
Ironside