Grand Caravan window problems

I am looking for information on the power windows in our 2002 Grand Caravan. We were having problems with it going down but not wanting to go up at times- sometimes if you just left it for a few hours and came back it would go back up. I replaced the window motor and it worked great for two weeks- Then it just stopped working all together, now it won't even go up and down once in a while. The driver control panel works for all the other windows but not the driver side. I am not sure what to do next-

Reply to
Tswco2

Sounds like a bad switch. To diagnose it properly you would need to check power going into and out of the switch.

Reply to
Mike

check for 12 volts at the motor, I bet you have it, then try tapping on the motor while raising it with the switch, more then likely it will more. Chrysler cant seem to build a regulator/motor assembly. replace the assembly with the latest part from your dealer

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

We did replace it with the latest part- so do we have to replace it again? The motor cost like $80.00 is it defective? This one worked great for the first two weeks and now nothing!

Reply to
Tswco2

Without taking the door panel back off and checking the circuit there is no way to say what the problem is. Did you replace this with an after market part? The updated fix on that year/model is a complete regulator assembly.......motor and all.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

yes we did replace the whole thing- we purchased it from Advanced Auto- it was an OEM

Reply to
Tswco2

Advanced auto sounds like an aftermarket parts store? Once again you will have to remove the door panel to test the motor

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower