HELP!!! 1969 Dodge Dart Custom car turns over but wont stay running

I have a 1969 dodge dart custom. Slant 6 engine. I put the key in the ignition, turn it and the car starts. I can rev the gas as long as I have the key turned but when I let go of the key the car dies. I cant figure
out why the car will not stay running. When I got to the car tonight the radiator was empty. So I filled it and tried to pump the water into the car. The water level did not go down. As long as I keep the key turned I can rev the gas over and over, but the second I let go of the key the car dies. Everything is connected, liquid levels are fine. I have no idea what the heck is wrong with the car. Please help! Is it sediment in the lines? Is the radiator broken, or perhaps the generator? Or is it something to do with the carborator? If it is any of these what do I do? Please help I am a college student and dont have the money to get my car towed and repaired. I have done all the maitenance myself, but I am stumped. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Sounds like a bad ballast resistor. It looks like a small ceramic bar mounted on the firewall with a wire connected at each end.
Yup what he said.. cheap easy fix !! 5 minutes maybe.

What Mike said, the ballast resistor is more then likely bad. It should be located on the firewall (white ceramic block)
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
replace the resistor going to the coil don't get involved in anything else until you do this it's cheap It's usually on the firewall under the hood, don't mess with anything else till you do this