help !!! 2.5 noise at start up an revs @ 2500 plus

I have a 1992 Daytona 2.5 4 banger.. on start up it idles hig as usual but today it had a rattle.. then if I rev it up over 2500 in neutral.. it sounds like a bearing noise.. Is this the rod bearings.. ?.. People kee saying piston slap but I have had 2.5's with that and this doesn't sound like it.. Any info would be great

Reply to
Chevrolet

How would someone on here answer such a question without hearing the noise???????

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower