Help - 89 Daytona 2.5 L motor rebuild troubles need opinions and advice

Hello, I had my 89 Daytona ES 2.5 turbo motor rebuilt 3 months ago. I had noticed that there was blue smoke coming from the exhaust. I took it back to the shop that rebuilt my motor. They just called back to say that I they had a sensor on the head that will burn out at 250 degrees and it was. It is a sensor that they put on all there rebuilts. They also said that there was a good chance that turbo could be leaking, or possibly the rings. Bottom line is there are saying another 1100.00 dollars to check the rings. I had the car checked out from another mechanic before the motor was rebuilt and the turbo was fine 3 months ago. I haven't bagged the car is any way, in fact most everything was replaced on the car. Radiator, Sensors for heat, water pump. The list goes on. I spent a ton of money making this car new. When they rebuilt the motor, I had asked for a replacement head. They insisted that I just have my old rebuilt. My orginal bill was for 2300.00, when I picked the car up I had to pay 2800.00. Which at the time I didnt mind because I wanted everything replaced. When I first got the car home, it was leaking oil. It was only the drainplug screw. I tightened it. Then it leaked thru the oil filler cap. I replaced the cap. It was still leaking. The shop said they tightened the oil pan this morning. Because they said that the heat sensor they installed had burnt out they are not going to warranty any of the work.

Does this sound right to you ? Do I have a leg to stand on when I go pick up the car this afternoon ? Is there any advice for me to help my situtaion ? What can I tell these guys ? If I forgot any detail or any other piece of information please let me know, I'll reply asap. Thanks in advance, Daryll

Reply to
DJS

They are lying. There is no sensor that they install after a rebuild. The fact is they did not rebuild anything. sounds like they just put in a used engine and that is it.

If a sensor burnt out that they put in, It should be fixed for free, as it is there problem. Did you not get a gaurantee on the engine job? Who did you get the work done by?

They also said that there was

Should have been done in the rebuild.

I had

There are laws that protects consumers from being overcharged. Usually on mechanical work like this a repair facility can only charge a maximum of 15% over qouted costs.

Which at the time I didnt

had burnt out they are not

You have there balls to the wall. Ask them for the invoices on the parts they purchased for the rebuild. Most of the parts are warrantied from twho they bought them from. And I would just go to small claims court and file a claim against them. And then contact you local news outlet and see if they would do a feature on a dishonest shop. Do I have a leg to stand on when I go

Reply to
David