help needed -- Dodge Dynasty won't keep running

Hi -- hoping someone might be able to help me solve a problem.

My 1991 Dodge Dynasty (6-cylinder, 3 liter) was running more or less OK, and then I went out one day and started it, only to have it stall after the engine had run for about two seconds. It does this repeatedly -- starts, runs for about two seconds, and then stalls.

I can kind of keep it running, I found, if I repeatedly press and release the gas pedal very quickly (as quickly as I can) once it's started, but it runs incredibly rough while I do that. Then, when I stop doing it, it stalls, even if it's warmed up a bit by then.

Any opinions as to what's wrong appreciated. Nothing else has changed with the car lately. I did have a look at the air filter, but that looks OK.

Jacques

Reply to
Jacques Clouseau

Does this vehicle have a security system? has the battery gone dead or been replaced? If so take the key and lock and unlock the drivers and passenger door and then retry to start the engine

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to