help, possible brake problem???

for a í99 dodge intrepid... For the last few days, Iíve heard a rattling toward my right front wheel. It sounds like Iím dragging a can or a piece of plastic. I
checked and rechecked, and nothing is dragging. I felt around the inside of the wheel (I havenít had a chance to take it off yet) and felt nothing. I only hear the noise when Iím going under 20 mph. Anyone have any ideas? My dad thinks that maybe the brake pad broke, and a piece is hanging off, and rattling on the rotor. Does this make sense? Thanks.
‚úĖ
"underdog" wrote: > for a '99 dodge intrepid... > For the last few days, I've heard a rattling toward my right > front wheel. It sounds like I'm dragging a can or a piece of > plastic. I checked and rechecked, and nothing is dragging. I > felt around the inside of the wheel (I haven't had a chance to > take it off yet) and felt nothing. I only hear the noise when > I'm going under 20 mph. Anyone have any ideas? My dad thinks > that maybe the brake pad broke, and a piece is hanging off, > and rattling on the rotor. Does this make sense? Thanks.
Iíd say most likely the pad is completely gone (worn out) and the piston might be stuck against the rotor. This happened to my own í99 Intrepid just a few months ago, there was a constant scraping sound at low speed. I canít remember exactly what I paid at my local Midas to have it fixed, but I donít think it was more than a couple hundred.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I agree! Also, be prepared that you may have to replace the rotor as well as the pads!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ