how can I repair bad threads on a cv-joint

I have a plynmouth Neon 2000. I bought a used cv-joint for the left side. I tried putting it on but the threads was damaged from the someone hammering the end to remove it. Question: is there anyway for
me to repair the threads on joint. Any advice would be appreciated. I am willing to try anything, I would hate to throw the joint out for that simple problem.
p.s I cant get the nut onto the cv-joint at all.....
take it back to where you bought it and use it to beat the idiot that used the hammer in the first place. after, swap it for one that is NOT all beat up - or bloody.

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 21:04:02 -0600, "Abby Normal"

Ever heard of a thread file? Get one and learn how to use it (unless you can find the orifice who beat it in the first place)

well I got it to work.............I cut the damaged piece off with my 4" grinder [with a metal cutting blade] and smoothen out the tip with the grinder till the nut was able to go on smoothly. The 4" grinder really did the trick, the hacksaw would have taken all night; till the next morning. Thanks for all the feedback........ For it was you guys that pointed me in the right direction pchotspot wrote: